Terra Nova Leaders
Terra Nova Leaders is an investment in the leaders of our community as they seek to start businesses, higher education, professional development, and healthy families.
Uganda has one of the world’s youngest and fastest growing populations combined with a poor economy. The youth of our country are entering adulthood with little education and few jobs to apply for. We have no choice but to raise a generation of leaders ready to make their own paths.
Working closely with the kids and youth of our community for the last eight years has allowed us to identify the emerging leaders. We have learned what they are capable of. When they come to us with their dreams of entrepreneurship, professional development, or starting a healthy family we work to connect them to with the resources they need to achieve their goals.
Terra Nova Leaders is our newest effort and is being shaped by the first group of Terra Nova kids coming into adulthood. We are excited to see where these emerging leaders are going to take us!
Our Current Leaders
- Business Development Center: we have acquired several industrial sewing machines for our leaders to earn money with their skills. We will be adding more equipment in the coming months.
- Our Leaders Have Started Several Businesses: water purification, jewelry shop, barbershop, boutique, and arcade.
- Stoplight Parenting Education Seminars are helping our young families develop healthy homes.
- We have helped more than twelve young leaders start their college educations.
- We have assisted more than six young professionals pursue professional development certificates and continuing education.